It was suggested that I start a new thread w/ pics showing the bent loader issue. I need a plan to straighten it out. Hopefully the pics show what I mean. You should see by the job it did on the driveway. Thanks
That's a good one.First you would need to find what is bent.There has got to be a bracket are an arm bent somewhere.If the bucket it self it bent it might be a hard job to straighten it. We had a dummy that was going down a rock road wide open with the forks pointed down.Well loader went to bouncing and jabed the forks in the ground.Bent the mast and a machine shop spent four days on it.Still wasn't perfect but it worked. I just noticed are your main lift arms bent to one side are just looks that way?
I have the same problem on the other side. For a few years, I thought too that it was the loader arms that were tweaked, but I put the straight edge to the bucket itself (a regular bucket) and who ever welded in the last edge should have stayed home sick that day and let a more competent person weld it in. My weld-in edge is down ~1/2" on one side compared to the other. My plan, of no urgency whatsoever, is to get out the Stihl Quick cut or Arc-Air, or both, and go at it some nice cool morning. It does wear the cutting edges funny, as you have seen. First step, measure your back tires - check air pressure and measure the overall circumferance. The radius from the ground to the centre of the axle must match. The angle of the dangle of the front bucket is directly proportional to the squat of the rear tire. Failing that, put the evil eye to the bucket itself. You probably should squint too. Get your tape and a long straight edge. Suspect any welds done by others. Next, if you know someone with a known-good 310C/310D bucket, swap with them for the day and see if it is your bucket or loader arms that are bent. My bets are in the order I have listed the checks - I really don't think you have tweaked loader arms.
deleted
it may be an optical illusion but i think i can see the sidewall on the right side as you are looking at it seems caved in ever so slightly i caould be wrong though, check it with a straight edge, one of the downfalls of those 4 in 1's is they arent as strong as a regular bucket. If that is the problem you maybe able to fix it to some extent with a torch and a BFH, i believe the problem lies in the 4 in 1.
You've got a built in road camber maker !! Keeps water off road & in the drain where it belongs.....:laugh But seriously - Deere John has some good sugestions there. Set up on some concrete or ground you know is level / check tyre sizes & pressure / take measurments between grease nipples on frame & compare each side. If it points to bucket or loader frame being bent - you could put a spacer under the rear axle, that will lift the low side & get somewhere near level. Longer bolts may be required - you'd be amazed howmuch a 1/2" plate can alter the front edge.
Find some level ground, open up the clam and sit the dozer edge of the ground. If thats even than it gotta be the 4n'1. Ive seen a handful of 310D's with 4n'1's that were bowed or messed up real bad. The 580 I run has a slight bow in the middle since before I started running it. When a new edge just starts to wear I can tell the difference in the wear marks, when it gets old and thin can really see it. Most times a 4n'1 ends up bowing just a little bit. Be more cautious on how you use it and how hard and what you tug on with it.
Your cutting edge looks normal wear, if you wear on hot top every day you would prob see uneven wear better as well.