replaced ECU about a year ago for a simmialer problem but cannot find a short.Is there a way to have ECU tested?.
There are a few serial number breaks so can you provide the last six of the serial number? The only way I know of testing that ecu is to remove it and connect it to a separate harness designed for bench programming the ecus and see if it pops a fuse or if you are able to connect with deere software. That would be a dealer thing unless you know someone that has a copy of service advisor. Legal or otherwise. From a quick look at the book it looks like on all four sn breaks it is the ecu fuse/ fuel shut off and also doubles as a back up alarm fuse. I would look at testing your back up alarm circuit first then going after the engine harness. I do know those engine harness act up but ive never had one short an ecu out yet. I also know that the engine harness is cheap for a g backhoe and takes no time to change.