Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

310G Starting Problem

Earthstead ยท 2015-03-23 16:46

Hello Everyone I have a 310G with 1,200 hours, that has run well until recently. It sat for a couple of weeks through a couple of snow/ice storms and wouldn't start after that. I used starting fluid and got it running on Ether, but it dies without it and pressing the accelerator has no effect. I pulled the fuel filter and it had some water in it. Thinking the freeze may have caused a problem, I changed it, primed and no difference. The year old battery died after that so I swapped it for a fresh one. I have since starting looking at the fuel shutoff solenoid on the fuel pump. I pulled the connector and get 0v with the key on, off, or starting. I pulled the wire harness on the ECU and get connectivity between the ECU harness and the shutoff solenoid wire harness (black in top left of ECU header, white on middle row far right) I used a couple of wires connected to the battery to put 12v directly on the fuel shutoff solenoid to see if I could hear it click, but I don't hear anything. Is the fuel solenoid a 12v trigger? Does the ECU and/or the fuel shutoff solenoid seem to be the problem? Any suggestions or tests I should perform? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Replies2
  1. #1Earthstead2015-03-23 17:15

    I just figured out my problem. I remember checking the fuse for the fuel pump or (anything I thought was fuel related), but I opened the fuse panel back up. This time I went through every fuse, and when I got to the ECU fuse and pulled it, one of the two bottom pins had some corrosion and the blade on one side of the fuse had broken off. I replaced the fuse and it cranked right up. I would have thought the instrument panel start up sequence was ECU controlled, but it is not. Anyway, thanks for everyone who contributes to the forum, it's a valuable resource, and I hope this helps someone else with a similar problem. Sam Earthsead Farms

  2. #2El Hombre2015-03-23 18:52

    Some of the ECU's provide a ground to turn something on. Like a fuel pump relay or some other gizmo. It's easy to go wrong if you're not aware of that. You're probing for 12volts in the harness and never find it...lots of expensive parts bought and not needed over that..