Hello, We have a 310J that had the transmission pump go out. We pulled the transmission, replaced the pump and torque converter, cleaned all parts and reinstalled. We started it up backed it out of the shop and drove it up and down the driveway and all seemed well, however once it warms up, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd have little to no driving power, but 4th works fine. Even when first started up, 1st 2nd and 3rd work but don't have the full driving power they should but 4th is fine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, we installed 10w30 engine oil in the transmission and a new filter. Thanks
Welcome to HEF CKnight91 ! First, please start with a machine serial number. Did the unit work fine before the pump failure? What was the condition of the pump (what exactly failed)? Was the filter cut open and inspected for debris? Has any pressures been checked?
Yes it was working just fine the all off a sudden quit. The pump gear broke. I did not cut the filter open. There were no pieces missing from the pump gear. I have not check pressures since 4th gear continues to work properly I figure it has to have pressure.
Same issue in reverse? There is no commonality between 1st/2nd and 3rd speeds. Sounds like you may have broken a seal ring or two when putting the transmission halves together. Pressure tests should confirm that.
Reverse works like 4th gear does, I will do some research on what ports to check for pressure. Thanks