I was driving my SG in forward the other day when it slammed into park at about 10mph. Checked fuses, F12 (FNR/Park Brake/SG Unload Valve) was blown, replaced it, it blew again when put in gear. Replaced a second time to release the parking brake and pushed it to the garage in neutral. For some reason now it isn't blowing the fuse but when you put it in reverse with parking brake on it moves, doesn't set off the stop light. Parking brake functions normally in reverse and neutral and does set off the stop light. Swapped the parking brake relay and the problem persists. Any help appreciated, it's a weird issue.
***I meant to say the brake functions normal in forward and neutral.***
Welcome to HEF Tak47 ! Serial number? Please desribe in better detail the actioins taken to blow the fuse.
Blowing the fuse happened while driving is all I can say, second time the fuse blew it went when forward got engaged after replacing the fuse. I don't have the S/N where do I look for it?
Left side of the frame just in front of the cab above the boom cylinder mounting pin.
SN t0310sg948126
Welcome to HEF, Tak47 !
Is the fuse blowing intermittently or every time you place it into forward? Does the fuse blow in any gear 1-4 or just one gear like 2nd?
The fuse doesn't blow anymore. Only blew twice
Then most likely a wire shorting intermittently somewhere.
I suspect it's a board problem but dunno where the board would be. I think whatever caused the fuses to blow is also causing the ebrake not to engage in reverse. The issues happened at the same time.
No "board" on that machine. Fuse, switches and relays, that is it.