I'm new to the forum and relatively new to equipment repairs/maintenance so any help is appreciated. As the title says my 2007 310sj doesn't like to move when it's cold. After giving the engine a few minutes to warm up I put it into forwards or reverse in 1st gear and it wont crawl ahead like it normally would at idle. If I give it a lot of throttle it will start to inch ahead very slowly. Same results in forwards and reverse in any gear. Eventually after a minute or two of barely crawling around it will gradually start putting more power to the tires until it drives normally. The front end loader and backhoe work fine when its cold. The parking brake is not on and there are no codes or trouble lights. Thanks in advance.
I have no knowledge of the SJ but I would replace the oil filter that supplies oil to that function. It may be the transmission filter if only one filter supplies the whole transmission unit.
I used to operate a 310J When it was cold I would always raise the front wheels off the ground and turn them left and right to warm up the steering You may want to raise the back end up and let it idle in gear to warm up the tranny It's not uncommon to do this with heavy equipment Never give a cold machine a lot of throttle only idle to 1500 rpm