Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

310SK Parking Brake Won’t Release

Lino · 2020-12-19 20:50

My 310SK won’t release the parking brake. I tried swapping the #7 solenoid with the #8 but still won’t release. I’ve noticed that on the top of the rear differential theres a red sensor or plug thats broken. I can’t find the part on John Deere Parts so i’m not sure if that is what causing the problem. I get the code 618.07 on the display. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Replies5
  1. #1mg23612020-12-20 05:32

    Welcome to HEF Lino ! Machine serial number would help. That code is for the park brake circuit and yes it is related to that broken switch on top of your park brake. I don't think the switch is serial number dependent. https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/79254/referrer/navigation/pgId/474673636

  2. #2Lino2020-12-21 17:35

    The serial number is 1T0310SKPEE266621. I replaced the switch but still won't move.

  3. #3mg23612020-12-22 05:57

    Is your code gone or still active (the little book lights up when active)? Transmission oil level correct? Try running the engine at fast idle and then release the park brake. Does it work at fast idle? Be careful which ones you swap, they are not all the same. Do you have the manual TM12459?

  4. #4Honcho2020-12-22 12:36

    Unplug it if it is electric.

  5. #5JL Sargent2020-12-22 19:55

    Honcho, this machine has a computer. So that won't work. The computer looks for it.