My 2000 312 serial # 8JR01751 was having some bogging issues. The water separator was part of the problem. My mechanic took it apart and found some black goey stuff. He cleaned it out and the machine is running better. I'm not sure it is 100 percent back but it is better. He is wondering if there is a filter in or just before the lift pump. There is a banjo fitting and he is curious if there might be a screen or a filter there to clean or replace. Anyone have any info on this. Jeff
Yes I think it dose. Been awhile since I have owned a 312b but I think there is one.
Screen in a banjo bolt going in to the pump IIRC
Follow steps 5 and 6. Location is circled in first image. Pump does not need removed to service inlet filter. And, if filter is even partially dirty, blow out the line from the separator to that banjo while it is disconnected.
Thank you
99% of the cases we had was the pump. you can fix it by replacing the seals but we usually just put a new feed pump Assy and sorts the problem out straight away.