Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

312B control screen

Tyler d4c ยท 2019-04-27 21:35

Serial is 9hr00999. Every thing works as it should other then the screen is blank. I have power and ground going to it. The ecm on the floor has the green and yellow lights on in it. The red is off. Any pointers in the right direction is much appreciated

Replies30
  1. #1Nige2019-04-28 05:01

    Does the buzzer sound when you first turn the key on..?

  2. #2Tyler d4c2019-04-28 06:05

    No it does not.

  3. #3Nige2019-04-28 06:50

    Try this troubleshooting chart and see where it gets you.

  4. #463 caveman2019-04-28 07:49

    From a poor memory....... I think there are 2 power leads going to the monitor so make sure you have both. One of them comes from a two pin connector down by the cab floor on the right side of the seat and is prone to corrosion. I think it is a white red wire?

  5. #5Tyler d4c2019-04-28 09:16

    I'll have to check it out I only had power In the red wire

  6. #6Tyler d4c2019-04-28 09:17

    Once I get back to the machine I'll go thought the trouble shotting to see what I find.

  7. #7Nige2019-04-28 10:00

    Actually a blue on in this instance, well at least according to the Schematic. K997 Blue, marked as "MAIN" on the monitor, should have battery power on it (from the pump controller) in addition to 103 Red.

  8. #8John C.2019-04-28 11:30

    The title of the thread shows 312d while the photo is a 312B and the serial number prefix is for a 312B. Just so everyone is on the same page and looking for the right things.

  9. #9CM19952019-04-28 11:37

    I just saw that and change the title. There is big difference in those two models.

  10. #10Tyler d4c2019-04-28 12:18

    Thanks for catching my typo

  11. #11Tyler d4c2019-04-28 16:30

    I got the screen working as it should. Other then the two speed for the tracks. The soliniod for it seems to be working. Have to do more testing

  12. #12Nige2019-04-28 16:36

    Fortunately the S/N given by the OP was correct, and so the info given is correct for a 312B. TBH I never really looked much at the title after seeing the S/N. Proves that I should pay more attention...

  13. #13Tyler d4c2019-04-28 16:41

    Forg to say it was the blue wire that powers the screen was the issue. Thanks for the help.

  14. #14Tyler d4c2019-05-05 13:11

    Got the screen going. Resealed the center and got the tracks pulling strong. The seals where missing out of the center. How that's possible I have no idea. Still cant get the two speed working. Have code 4207 for pwm open circuit. What's does pwm stand for? A point in the right direction would be much appreciated

  15. #15Nige2019-05-05 13:18

    PWM stands for Pulse Width Modulation. See post #13 of this thread for an explanation of what it is and how it works. HeavyEquipmentForums

  16. #16Tyler d4c2019-05-05 13:27

    I should have know that wasn't think today. If I'm not mistaken it is referring to the pump output pressure sensor. Any idea if this code prevents hi speed tracking. I'll go test those wires and see what I come up with. Thanks again.

  17. #17CatKC2019-05-05 15:02

    If BAD the pump output pressure sensor will prevent FAST travel. It will tell the 'monitor' that the pressure is low it won't shift to FAST. You might check the connecting wire 'near' the sensor, there is a place near it that the wire could wear/break. Cat replacement is 'expensive' ($3xx-$4xx) but a Chinese knockoff is about 1/4 the Cat price. You can 'try measuring' it with a VOM meter to see if it's defective. Be aware some of your results 'may be' inconsistent with some expected results. (Attached 3 pages)

  18. #18DEMLONE702019-05-05 15:03

    Pump sensor is telling when to change to high speed or low speed

  19. #19Tyler d4c2019-05-05 15:27

    I'm getting power to the sensor is there any way to jump it to test the hi speed. I'm going to test the sensor out put back to the controller to see if the wire is good. For the record the inside of the plug was oily when I pulled it out

  20. #20Nige2019-05-05 15:32

    You'd need something like an oscilloscope to mimic the sensor output in order to "jump" the signal.

  21. #21Tyler d4c2019-05-05 15:35

    The wire test good so I think I'll get a sensor and see what happens

  22. #22DEMLONE702019-05-05 15:45

    When oil is in the plug the sensor is gone

  23. #23CatKC2019-05-06 08:28

    Nige is correct, an oscilloscope would be useful. You can use a VOM on the output and measure the voltage as you rev the engine to see if it goes up/down. It will verify that it is 'working' but not if it's necessarily 'accurate'. I would think if you get a 'code' the sensor would be 'shorted' or 'open' or a wiring problem. If the signal makes it back to the controller I would expect it to display 'something' in -Service Mode Group 20 Item 21, Pump Pressure. I did the same thing. After going thru every method of testing with no 'definitive result' I went ahead and ordered a replacement. If you decide to order one from China, it took two tries for me. I had to send the first one ordered back as it was defective but the second one has been reliable. The 'replacement' will likely have a different 'plug configuration' but it can easily be spliced in. (FWI: Ebay has them at a low price.)

  24. #24Tyler d4c2019-05-12 13:15

    I got my sensor got rid of that code still won't track in hi now I have code 4103 open circuit for the proportional reducing valve. All the wires test good back to the ecm. Its seems the plug is making contact to the ecm any ideas would be great

  25. #25Tyler d4c2019-05-12 13:17
  26. #26Tyler d4c2019-05-12 13:29

    Would too high of oms reading cause a open circuit mines at 18 spec is 11.2 + - 1.2

  27. #27CatKC2019-05-13 08:21

    To check the new sensor measure the VOLTAGE output while changing the engine speed from an idle to fast to see if it varies. That will give an indication if it is working but not if it's accurate. Go into Console SERVICE MODE- DISPLAY GROUP 20 ITEM 21-(Pump Pressure) to see what the console sees for pressure. GROUP 10 ITEM 13 will show the TRAVEL PRESSURE SWITCH and ITEM 10 the status - LOW/HIGH.

  28. #28CatKC2019-05-13 09:18

    I would not think so as it is a SOLENOID and not a sensor. If you are -NOT RUNNING the engine- (as the PRV -controls-hydraulic pressure) you could connect a resistor or something else to the plug with lower ohms. The CODE will change to a 4102 if shorted or the resistance is too low.

  29. #29CatKC2019-05-13 09:30

    Forgot to add the JPG-

  30. #30Tyler d4c2019-05-13 10:07

    The new sensor is changing the voltage. I'll have to try to check the pressure in service mode I was having trouble finding what address it was as my manual has yet to arrive.