Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

312D cat swing brake solenoid location

B808 · 2023-08-23 17:37

Trying to trace back lines but it is very tight just wanting to know location if it’s any in the side panel or upon the middle at the bottom where pilot lines come from the cab

Replies5
  1. #1digger_hunter2023-08-25 16:41

    might be on the swing motor itself. not sure but have a look on the swing motor and could be on there.

  2. #2heymccall2023-08-25 17:14

    All 3 solenoid same part number (121-1491) . To rescue a bad pilot or swing solenoid, in the middle of nowhere, I swap in the 2 speed solenoid.

  3. #3Junkyard2023-08-25 17:15

    Brake solenoid will be in a block with one or two others. On a 315 it’s accessed from a panel behind the air filter. If you’re up by the swing motor looking at the counterweight the block will be on your right down behind the corner of the cab.

  4. #4heymccall2023-08-25 18:02

    And be sure to relieve hydraulic tank pressure before opening any hydraulics, to lessen the leakage

  5. #5B8082023-08-26 16:40

    Thanks guys all great info I found the problem in the wiring under the seat. As I was adjusting valves to get constant flow I moved up in the seat and it worked. So I checked the wiring and there it was signal was intermittent because of the loose wiring made the wires back up and she is working fine thanks again.