Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo EC35

Theheisk · 2023-08-23 18:06

Suddenly lost control hydraulics. I have track power as well as blade. I noticed the cable that runs from the left hand joystick was almost broke so I disconnected it and operated it manually under floor board but no dice. The prints show a safety switch but I don’t see anything connected to the cable. even Volvo can’t figure it out. I need some help!

Replies10
  1. #1uffex2023-08-24 03:56

    Good day The tracks & blade are mechanical operation, the rest rely on servo-pilot pressure. I suggest you begin with a pressure check.See attched. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2Theheisk2023-09-07 15:02

    Thanks for the reply. I had just rebuild the swing valve before the trouble started. Could it be the swing Valve?

  3. #3uffex2023-09-08 13:54

    Good day Possible cause could be the check valve in the pin coupler, have you any issues when changing buckets? Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4Theheisk2023-09-20 17:13

    After I had my swing/slew valve rebuilt is when my controls stopped working . I only have blade and track movement now. No joy stick controls.

  5. #5uffex2023-09-21 04:02

    Good day Could you please explain what exactly was the slew rebuild? Kind regards Uffex

  6. #6Theheisk2023-09-21 11:33

    Seal kit and O rings. It was leaking is the reason for rebuild.

  7. #7uffex2023-09-21 13:00

    Good day I cannot see any relation to that work and loss of attachment movements, back to a servo/pilot pressure check. Be sure you have not disconnected the solenoid valve (Control lock out) Armrest Safety valve. Kind regards Uffex

  8. #8Theheisk2023-09-22 14:54

    OK, I really appreciate all your help. Last question where could I get one of the testing tools. Thanks again!!!

  9. #9uffex2023-09-23 04:25

    Good day Not sure what test tools you refer, control lock out you should feel movement as you switch on-off. Mesasure the pressure i would suggest a 3" 6000p.s..i gauge its good enough for checking the pressures. If you would like to go down a tool that will do load sensing Delta P we are talking electronic and more expensive. Parker example Kind regards Uffex

  10. #10randolph85j2024-07-05 22:35

    Did you ever figure this out?