Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

313 excavator, short cab

sharpmobile ยท 2024-12-20 11:04

batts were low, attempted jump start, thinking it was a 12v system I connected 12v jump cable to wrong 2batt post, saw sparks at that time realized it was a 24v system, after charge batts individually and start engine, engine starts but won't shutdown, throttle control innop, and all hydraulics are innop. control dash and gauges light up but then go off, engine starts easy will not shutdown. one push reset 60amp fuse was off. checked fuses, found top row of fuses are good but show 7v all others show 24v. 5amp fuses wich I believe protect computer modules show 7v. I would think all these fuses should operate on 24v can someone direct me on the right way to resolve this issue and guide to find location of other fuses

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2024-12-20 11:55

    Post a Serial Number and you are welcome to an electrical schematiic. From that point you can figure it out yourself. As an aside didn't the way the batteries were connected give you a clue that it was a 24v system before you tried to jump start it, or did you not check.?

  2. #2sharpmobile2024-12-20 16:56

    batteries were covered by a thick plastic cover. I could see only 1 batt + & - posts so I decided to apply live 12v jump cable to those 2 post, small spark hapened(not shockingly alarming but yes enough to know it was not a 12v system) after that I found out the 60 amp protector had trip, I push reset, engine started after charged individual batts but won't shutdown (had to use the injection kill lever at injection pump to shutdown engine) also I'm uploading a Pic of the fuse panel. the fuses with the red dot show 7v all others show 24v. also the blue arrow shows the 60amp protector that trip. had to push to reset.

  3. #3Nige2024-12-20 20:14

    Schematic on the way. Check your messages.