I've got a 314ELCR (ZJT00530) 4956hr with a 3513-3 active code. C4.4 Exhaust Back Pressure Regulator Position : Voltage Above Normal Unplugging yields same code (3513-3) Shorting signal to ground yields a 3513-4. Problem is the part is $836.22. Is there any breakdown of the assembly to buy just the sensor? Being an older machine (1/10/13), I dont believe that there is any emissions warranty left. I know I didn't purchase any supplemental warranties when I bought it out of the rental fleet.
Is this procedure any help.? It's what is recommended for your 3513-3 Code. Are you looking at P/N 468-3933 by any chance.? If so there is no breakdown of the valve assembly below that level.
Thanks, Nige. Yes, that's the procedure I used, save for not having ET. And, I meant to put the $800+ part number on here. Yes, it's a 468-3933. After testing the harness to ECM, and ensuring for continuity and inspecting for visual abrasion issues, followed by shorting the signal to ground, upon restart, the code comes and goes when throttling up. Didn't do that before. I just can't see "borrowing" that valve from my other 314ELCR, that's 3.5 hours away. But, $800+ when I just need the sensor. Now, I just need to find the time to dissect this one.
Cross your fingers a good clean might just sort it. Do you have any carburettor cleaner..? That might just de-varnish it.
How about that. I changed one of these this week. If you're not in a hurry, I can take the old one apart and let you know if it could be repairable.
Cleaner? The valve appears to move freely. I powered it open and closed. Its the sensor that's open, not giving out of range issues.