I have a 315cl with auxiliary hydraulics to the end of the stick, large lines to run a tool not just coupler lines. I bought an aftermarket hydraulic thumb, welded it on and had lines made to run from each of the outlets on the stick to the two ports on the thumb cylinder. I read in the manual that my machine is equipped with a switch in the cab to go between double and single acting hydraulics (I think that term is right, don’t have manual in front of me now). So I flip the switch to two way. Thumb cylinder will extend but will not go back. Both shut offs on the end of the stick are on. When I activate the control and watch the rubber hoses (at the base of the boom that feed the auxiliary hydraulics) I can only see one of them “move slightly” like its getting pressure. The other one never moves. Any idea what I have done wrong? I have Cat man coming out next week to check pressure in aux circuit to make sure it isn’t exceeding what the thumb cylinder can stand. If this is something simple I would like to have it fixed by then.
I'm not familiar with the 315C L components, don't know how the switch in cab is working or the parts it operates, but typical installation of aux piping has the pipe on left side of boom (cab side) plumbed as a dedicated pressure line (single acting or double). The piping on the right side is the one that typically switches from single to double action. Follow that piping back to the valves that it connects to. If it connects to some type of electric solenoid valve, that's probably the valve that the switch operates, I can't think of what else the cab switch would operate. Most machines use a manual switching valve on the right piping to switch from either connection to main control valve (double acting) or the tank line (single acting).
It may not be equipped. Machines are ordered with different "systems". Some have system 2 some system 5 some system 11 etc. Each one is a different combination of controls and plumbing. Not all have 2 way but most have 1 or 2 pump. You should have 2 rocker switches. one for 1 or 2 pump and the other for 1 or 2 way.
The other possibility is that you have combo hydraulics. Somewhere just behind the boom you should see a three way valve with a lever that shifts flow to the cooler and tank or back to the valve. In my area of the country no one runs tool control. Good Luck!
Its got the two rocker switches, 1 or 2 pump and 1 or 2 way flow. SN is CFT00932. Both aux lines come off the end of the boom to a valve block with solinoids attached. thanks