2012 JD 315 skid steer with 2.4 power tech engine and Hydrostatic pump AT335289. Engine won't crank quite fast enough to fire up when in machine hooked to the pump. Removed engine and set it up on a stand and it starts up no problem .( Starter ,Battery ,Cables ect are all good). The pump is hard to turn by hand so I removed it and disassembled and can seem to find any obvious damage or filings ect ,every thing spins freely on bench when pumps are apart until I tighten the pumps and valve block together.I was wondering if any one else has had this problem .
Welcome to HEF Mr.Mech ! Auxiliary hydraulics stuck in the engaged position? Also, when posting, supply the complete machine serial number.
Apparently it is normal for that type of pump to be hard to turn over by hand, I haven't got it back to together yet but looking over all the controls and hoses ect I found that the foot control was unlocked and stuck in the forward position,would this cause the pump to load up even though the park brake switch is on??
Yes