I have a 2004 JD 250 with hand controls, foot pedal for aux. It’s been awesome the few years we’ve had it. We got a grapple for it so I decided to get the aux hydraulics working on it again. The bolts in the peddle were loose so I tightened them up and now the cylinder between the peddles moves and you can hear them kick on so I’m assuming it’s good to go. A couple days ago my brother was using it and the boom won’t curl, if it does at all it’s just a couple inches then quits. I went out there to see what was going on but I went to raise the boom and it went up fine, tried putting the boom down and it just kept going up. I fiddled with it for a bit before giving up but I can’t imagine what would cause it to randomly start doing that. Would the aux peddle working again cause some sort of bypass in the control valve?
Machine serial number? Is your auxiliary pedal or auxiliary spool stuck in the engaged position?
Serial number KV0250A253604 As far is I’m aware it’s not stuck open or on, there’s no audible sounds and I have it in the locked position how it was before I got it all working again.
Has the boom and bucket hydraulic lockout solenoids been checked to see if they are receiving voltage and are in fact working?
I’ll definitely check those after work
I had a similar problem with a Hitachi zx 225 a couple of weeks ago. The valve body should be similar if not identical. Both the boom and the arm sections have an anti drift valve. What I found was that the o rings that the pilot oil goes through to move the valve had somehow been pushed up halfway into the valve and blocked the orifice. So the oil couldn't stroke the anti drift valve and that traps the oil in the bottom of the cylinder. That however seems unlikely to make the boom raise when you are trying to lower it. But it would make it so that you could only move the cylinder a tiny bit at a time against the anti drift because the pressure will bleed off just enough to let the cylinder move and then lock down again. Make sure to do everything you can to get everything to the ground before you take any lines off. And remember that if it is a malfunction of the anti drift valve, the hydraulic lines to the cylinder are going to have pressure on them. So take them off VERY slowly.
Did his problem get solved with solenoids or did he just never come back?
Hasn't come back yet.
Solenoids fixed the boom, now we’re just stuck with it not curling up. Looked at it the other day and it looks like the rods from the control stick to the valves came undone so there just enough slip for it to move but not enough to do anything. Getting it takes care of today
We're you aware the OP's machine is a skid steer and not an excavator?
Yes, (shame face) realized it yesterday when I found out that solenoids solved the problem. I was pretty embarrassed when I re read the original post. Was kind of hoping that no one else caught it.
Now... Is there anyway to delete my posts?