Does anyone know where the 24 to 12volt converter is located on a cat 315Bl?
Behind the panel in the lower rear part of the cab if it has one. the converter is/was an attachment (optional extra) and not all machines were sold with one. Look for an empty 2-pin connector with wires 120 Yellow & 200 Black if you can't locate the converter itself.
Another question for you, I see everyone is buying the digital service manuals. Are you able to print them out on paper? And who is a good company to buy from?
If you mean "digital" as in a CD loaded with Adobe pdf files then yes they can be printed to paper should you wish to do so. To identify the correct manual would need a Serial Number because there were many versions of the 315BL.
Thanks ,appreciate it
What would be the function of this converter, aside from powering the cigarette lighter?
12volt outlets and the am/fm radio.
When you lower rear part of the cab,do you mean inside cab or out? I checked the electrical panel behind the cab and no luck. Definitely has a converter because it has a fuse for it and a 12 volt radio
Found the 2 prong connector for it. Is it as simple as adding a convertor to it?
It could be. The P/N of the conevrter would depend on what use (radio or accesory) you plan for it. If you post a S/N I could look up both Part Numbers. I looked at a 315B electrical schematic at random and found two different P/N depending on which circuit they were installed on.
It's a 315bl serial number 3aw01742 It has a fuse for a Acc converter. No power coming to it.but when I put 12 volts to it off my power probe the radio and hvac works. No power at all at the relay Trying to figure out where it gets its 12 volts from
If that was all you wanted to track down you should have said. I’ll send you an electrical schematic.
You asked about a service manual. The Cat Publication reference for your 315B is RENR1120. Can't see anything in the usual internet marketplaces but that could change tomorrow. Cost for a new one is $965 in paper form, $685 on CD.