I have a 315 that had the auto/manual switch go out under the right arm rest. Just stopped toggling back and forth. After new switch install engine seems to be lacking power. Pilot pressure is 600 at idol, and 700 at wide open. Check both D and I pumps and the D pump is staying stroked out, ie-pressure not dropping when engine pulls down. I know in manual mode that is how the system works, but in auto it should stroke back. Can there be something that shorted out when the switch went bad? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanak you in advance for any info.
By D & I pumps do you mean driver and idler? If so swap the Nfc hoses on the pump and see what happens. The NFC hoses are the two pilot lines that runs from the both ends of the control valve to the the pump heads .try this and see if the situation changes position then give feed back
Before you do any swapping around you need to check the monitor panel for codes. The video link below will show you how to get in.
A thought from left field. Is there a possibility that the replacement switch is defective..? Was it a genuine Cat switch.? I've PM'd you the Electrical Schematic for the machine. Maybe that might help you to test whether the switch is functioning correctly and if the right signals are getting to where they should be/
Like nige said. Go to the switch check section and double check your switch orientation. I chased a open prv circuit for hours before I found that someone had put the witch in backwards so it was in backup and it showed it was in aut.
Checking the monitor for codes is good. The control valve sends pressure to the pumps to engage it at a good displacement angle when it senses pressure on that bank of the control valve (left or right ), if one pump is not idling down am thinking it's seeing constant pressure from the negative flow control lines to keep it engaged and not idle down.when levers are not been operated pump idle pressure should be at about 631 psi. Unless your machine is equipped with a "solenoid operated NFC" in this case the the pressure switches would send signal to actuate sthe solenoid .hence you'd be checking for sticking solenoid or constantly engaged pressure switch. My humble opinion Latiff