Hey guys. I've got a 1992 Pete 379 with a VERY tired 3176 electronic in it. We want to keep the truck but update the power plant.. I've got a freshened up 3406E sitting on the stand... How complicated would it be to set the 3406E in were the 3176 was..
C13? To install the E model, move rear mounts back, clutch rod, drive shaft, cooling hoses, fuel hoses, exhaust, and shifter for starters. The ECM harness will work with slight mods, Where is the air cleaner mounted inside or out possible mods there too. One question what trans is in it now and what torque rating is it? What are the torque and HP ratings on the 3406E? Truck Shop
Maybe I shouldn't have said C13. We do know it's a 3406E.. Our options are rebuilding this 3176 or updating to the 3406. The truck has the original 9 speed Eaton in it. I guess my question was is the physical size of the 2 the same but by your reply I would venture to say no !