Hi new user here. I just purchased a 317G on a rb auction. Anyhow it does not have any power on the hydraulics going down, it goes down slowly but will not even lift the front of machine off the ground. It seems to have normal power lifting and speed going up is normal.. any ideas? Thanks!!
Post your serial number and hopefully someone will answer shortly. Any codes stored or active on display. Simon C
S/n 1T0317GJLEKJ355533 No active codes 1 stored code of vcu 520849.03..
Welcoke to HEF Kendall ! Your serial should be 1T0317GJEKJ355533. You have one too many letters. That code is for holding the float switch too long and has nothing to do with your issue. Do you know how to access the service menu in the monitor?
No I haven’t messed with it much yet and of course it didn’t come with a owners manual…
I am only chiming in to say that the Deere Bookstore has an option to download a free copy of the Operators Manual. John Deere - Technical Information Bookstore Welcome to John Deere C&F Technical Information Bookstore. This site contains operating, maintenance, and service information. www.johndeeretechinfo.com
Thanks!!
I assume the right joystick controls boom and bucket (ISO pattern)? Or, are you running an "H" pattern (boom one controller and bucket another controller)? Turn ignition on. Press and hold the main menu button until "SERVICE MENU" appears in the screen. Let go of the button. Scroll to diagnostics, press select. Scroll to right joystick and press select. You will see X-POS and Y-POS. When you move the right lever forward and rearward, from neutral all the way to full travel, does the X and Y reach 100%?
Ok yes I’m running iso pattern and I just did the test and everything reaches 100%.
To clarify, boom down is your issue, but the boom up and the bucket curl and dump work OK? Next, perform a calibration. Remove any attachments or bucket from the machine. Start the machine. Warm the hydraulic oil to 160*F+. When oil is warmed up, leave the boom about a foot off the ground and the bucket cylinders in the partially dumped position. With engine still running, enter SERVICE MENU as before. Scroll to Calibrations. Press select. Scroll to Boom and Bucket Calibration and press select. Follow the on screen prompts. Tip: when it tells you to move a function lever until the boom/bucket moves, this means hold the function at full travel, then when the function barely starts to move, release the lever. Again, follow prompts until successfully completed. Did the boom down function improve?
Ok to clarify: boom down and bucket dump are both the problem, slow and no power against resistance. I’ll try the calibration later today. Thanks for help on this.
Ok I performed the boom calibration and it fixed it!!! Thank y’all for all the help!!!