Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

317G quick attach bushing seal

Bwatte · 2026-01-02 16:33

Happy New Year, I’m looking for a little help/assurance on some maintenance with my 317G CTL. I’m replacing the bucket tapered pins and the bushings in the quick attach. On the quick attach, one side of the bushing has a metal grease/dust cap. The other side of the bushing, where the quick attach mates to the boom, should have a grease seal. Just like any cylinder rod end has a bushing and 2 seals. Every diagram I’ve looked at shows that this side of the bushing doesn’t get a seal, even though the bushing is recessed and allows room for a seal to be installed. Deere confirmed that this machine doesn’t get a seal at this location, it’s just a little hard for me to believe you wouldn’t have a seal there. When you look at diagrams for the quick attach on larger machines, they all have the dust cap and grease seal. The 317 and smaller machines don’t have a grease seal. The larger machines use the same size tapered pin, but the bushing is a 38mm x 60mm instead of a 38mm x 48mm on the 317. So the grease seal won’t work on my machine. I’ll attach a pic of a larger machine diagram with the seal I’m referencing. Anyone come across this issue?

Replies2
  1. #1mg23612026-01-03 10:41

    Unfortunately, that is just the way it is. Who knows what Mother Deere is thinking? If the seal will fit, it will not hurt to put it in, so long as it is installed in the correct orientation.

  2. #2Bwatte2026-01-03 14:49

    I believe you, it’s still hard for me to wrap my head around why they wouldn’t put seals on just this one quick attach. I appreciate the response. I did find a couple random oil seals that will work and give me a little more peace of mind