Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

319d fuel requirements

porschetmc ยท 2016-03-24 11:36

Can you use Low Sulfur or do you have to use ultra low sulfur diesel? 2010 319d With John Deere PowerTechTM E 4024HT EPA Interim Tier 4/EU Stage IIIB I have read places to use ultra low sulfur diesel but there is a sticker on the machine that states Low or Ultra Low Thanks for the help, tim

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2016-03-24 11:40

    Any Tier 4 non-road engine, interim or not, requires ultra-low (15ppm) sulphur diesel to meet the standards of the exhaust emissions certificate that is fixed to the engine. This requirement came into force in 2010, the same year as your machine was built. Using 500ppm low-sulphur diesel will result in emissions that are in excess of those on the engine emissions certificate.

  2. #2jprefect2016-03-24 12:20

    Where can you even get only low sulfur. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some. Every thing that I've seen is ultra low. Even the fuel that we have delivered is ultra low off road