Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mustang 2054 random intermittent lockout?

OVERTORQUED ยท 2016-03-24 18:44

Hi all... Does anyone know if the problem with the intermittent lockout had been solved? I read a little through here but didnt see anything yet. As with every job, its of utmost importance to get fixed but maybe someone could just tell me that i should keep reading or no they havent found the problem. Would so much appreciate any info.

Replies8
  1. #1Texasten2016-05-29 20:22

    Overtorqued, I am having the same issue with a 2050. Am going to start by replacing the ECM, to get the version that has LED lights, that are supposed to light up on the circuit that causes the fault. At least that would be a clue where to start looking. As a Newbie on this forum, I hope to get to the bottom of this problem and make myself famous and popular on here for solving a problem that no one seems to have answers for!!!!!

  2. #2OVERTORQUED2016-05-30 03:33

    That would be awesome, for a lot of people having same problem. Unfortunately the LED lights, in my experience, are useless. All of them lit up and it still acts the same way. Poorly designed circuit boards and cheap parts. Something must burn out in that thing that's causing it. Bypassed them all right to the switch and it works fine. Gotta be that box... Will drive you crazy though. I look forward to hearing what you come up with.

  3. #3Texasten2016-05-30 08:34

    Yikes, thanks for the reply. Good info. And I thot the new circuitboard was going to be a help in finding the problem. I can see that is likely not the case. Yes, I agree, it has already driven me crazy! At least I don't use the machine commercially much, mostly at home. I use it to pile tree mulch along driveway where folks pick it up. I know one of these days I am going to dump mulch in drive and be unable to move it to the side as I do most everyday, then will be forced to shovel it. I have owned the 2050 about 10 years, and it has had this lockout problem pretty much the entire time. It only has around 900 hours. Was bypassing the system a complicated task? I hate to do that, but if there is NO solution, and the machine is getting more and more unreliable, what to do? Thanks again.......

  4. #4OVERTORQUED2016-06-14 14:02

    I dont believe bypassing the sysyem was too difficult. I will get you the particulars if you like. I dont recommend bypassing usually, but like you said there is nothing out there so far that seems to point you in any 1 good direction. I will post later after work.

  5. #5mountainlake2016-06-14 16:08

    Do what works

  6. #6Texasten2016-06-14 23:41

    Overtorqued, That would be great to know how to bypass if necessary. Since replacing the led style ECM, the 2050 has not misbehaved even one time! I know it may still have a problem, but I am very optimistic that the control module was the problem. It will soon be 2 weeks of flawless behavior, but I am going to give it a bit more time before throwing a party.....

  7. #7OVERTORQUED2016-07-28 17:49

    Sorry lost track of this post...havent had a chance to do a post for you as the machine has been out on job. When it comes back to be serviced, i will definitely write up a post for you.

  8. #8Texasten2016-07-28 19:39

    Ha, no prob. I replaced the ECM for the safety stuff and it works 100% now. Can't believe I suffered thru all the locking up for years, and now it is perfection!!!! Thanks.