Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

3204 parts question

MOUNTAIN FARMER ยท 2019-12-07 09:16

First time posting. I recently bought a D3B from an estate sold with bad motor. Older neighbor had bought it with fire damage from shed fire ,burnt from top down rops, hood area. He was an old school equipment man who done his own repair work .He knew the history of the machine (another neighbors) and bought it from the insurance company I think.He replaced the wiring harness, and primed the hood and small metal parts, nothing done to Rops yet..He ran it a little while and head gasket blew.Motor was torn down head sent off and worked he then noticed rear piston was loose , he bought parts to fix that also but lost interest and it set for 6 or 7 years .He passed away and I just bought it .Now the problem starts, we can't find the rocker assembly, push rods ,injectors, head bolts. Cant rebuild motor or use as core as it sets ,have been told 1 side of a 3208 rocker assembly will work .Any suggestions ,or help with locating a donor engine would be Greatly Appreciated. P.S. Under carriage is 85% or better, brakes were good when we pulled it home with a tractor and as far as I know the transmission is strong. Sorry if this is too rambling

Replies9
  1. #1partsandservice2019-12-07 14:42

    Do you have part numbers?

  2. #2kshansen2019-12-07 15:11

    Or how about a S/N off the engine and or machine. Lots of us here have access to SIS, Cat "Service Information System" and with those numbers can get tons of information on many machines.

  3. #3MOUNTAIN FARMER2019-12-07 20:16

    I will post the numbers as soon as get a chance

  4. #4MOUNTAIN FARMER2019-12-09 09:54

    Vehicle # 27Y1202 ,Arrangement # 5G1093 Engine #45V30097 ,Arrangement #7N6938

  5. #5AllDodge2019-12-09 10:53

    Here is the parts list

  6. #6kshansen2019-12-09 19:58

    Well that should be a good start! I haven't been as active here so glad AllDodge did jump in here!

  7. #7MOUNTAIN FARMER2019-12-10 17:48

    Thanks ,that is a great start. I really appreciate your help!

  8. #8kshansen2019-12-10 19:57

    Here's a little more that may come in handy:

  9. #9partsandservice2019-12-10 20:08

    Mountain Farmer, PM sent...