94Z1377 machine sn, 45v49216 eng sn, 3204. I'm swapping pump and parts of of new long block and was wondering the procedure to either lock in the pump to swap or to set the timing upon installation. I have the flywheel pinned at tdc compression on #1. Any help would appreciated.
The Service Manual shows what appears to be a fairly clear procedure that involves locking the injection pump as well as the engine. PM me with your email address if you want a copy.
What pump do you have Ben? Compact or new scroll? Later Bob
I got it ciphered out, thanks fellas, just needed a timing pin. Went to the dealer and they lent me one for a few days. I was aware of the procedure for pinning the engine via the flywheel, but haven't dealt with a whole lot of pump timing on anything other than a Bosch A or P pump. It has the newer version of the two pumps, im not sure if that is new scroll or compact.
That's the New Scroll and pin times, the Old Scroll/Compact pump is fixture timed with the engine pinned on TDC#1. Later Bob