Got a 320C ANB-prefix throwing up an error "16" - Excessive governor movement time - when attempting to calibrate the governor. All it says is "troubleshoot the confirmation of the governor actuator" which doesn't help much. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions how to do that.?
Cables dry? Seems like I remember a kit to repair the drive and cables
I found a special Instruction REHS2358 for replacing/adjusting the cables. It does include a "motor repair kit" that contain sMolykote lubricant. Was that the one you were thinking about.? The location of the machine means that spare parts might be something the equivalent of unobtainium.
I did a 315 Governor earlier this year. I bought a complete governor assembly with the cables and everything off amazon for less than the price of the cables alone. I'd recommend that if you decide to replace it.
I take your point, but this particular machine is located in a country far, far, away where all the rules that we all consider normal when it comes to parts availability are suspended. Even Chinese sourcing is not usually an option there. I think it may be a case of pulling everything apart, lubricating it with Molykote as best as possible, then reassemble/adjust and hope for the best.
It's amazing what you can fix in a pinch with nothing
We had a drill that was based on the same machine. The shop guys threw the parts book at what they thought was a governor issue. I did just as suggested after I messed around a bit I realized the cables were quite stiff which was throwing off calibration.