My excavator caught fire Today. PAB 0073 I believe it is. Burt wiring harness between cab and main boom. Busted hydraulic hose and caught fire. I got it out with fire extinguisher but now have no power to cab. How big of a job is it to replace the harness to the cab. It’s right next to the creek where we are building a dam. It needs to moved. Ideas. I have a dozer on site. Can the finish drives Be unclocked or is there a way to freewheel
Its easy to take the sun gears out of the planetary than you can pull it with dozer.
Gonna re visit in am and see if I can splice the harness and get it moved. Thanks
It has a mechanical fuel system and pilot operated hydraulics. If you can fix the hydraulic leak it should be possible to get the engine going by disconnecting the governor control cables and crossing the starter motor. Then rig 24V to the pilot lockout solenoid and the machine should be able to move under its own steam. It's possible to replace entire wiring harnesses but it's really not a field job. There will be a fair bit of dismantling involved and to make a good job of it the machine needs to be clean.
Tenfo I appreciate it. It’s not gonna be fun. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll be able to see a little better. It happened right at end of day. I’ll let y’all know what i find. Thanks again
Anyone (nige) maybe. Have a wiring schematic on this unit. PAB 0073. It has a dead short going to key switch. That’s the fuse it blew. It may have melted the wires together in the harness. I’ve Been working at it all day. I’ve almost got the harness free so I can see what the issue is.
pm me