Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

320CL hydraulic oil

southernman13 · 2017-11-20 07:39

In sw Ga so not dealing with extreme cold. Burnt a hose and lost most all of oil in tank. What’s best to refill. I hear sae 30 or 15/40. Are there any other like iso32,46 etc. most of the regular hyd oils are 1/3 to 1/2 the motor oils. Don’t want to be cheap to the point of doing damage. Also did not want the $100 a pail cat fluid. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1farmerlund2017-11-21 09:58

    My Volvo uses the ISO 46. I have been using cheveron in it for years. $11 per gal. in pails or $10 in 55gal barrel. I don't know the requirements of your machine.

  2. #2DEMLONE702017-11-21 12:18

    Cat uses sae 10W

  3. #3Catchad812017-11-23 17:09

    Your using a still valuable machine. Use the cat 10w Oil.

  4. #4southernman132017-11-23 17:19

    According to the manual there’s many choices in the sae types of oils different wieghts Depending on climates. I chose the sae10w30