The travel speed is stuck in low. I was wondering if anyone knew the best place to start looking? Serial #BKJ. Thanks
Fuses - last one I fixed the fuse was blown for the pump pressure sensors. If it doesn't know its travel (pump) pressures it will not shift
hi big ben does it do this regardless of forward or reverse have fixed on of these before and had to change out the travel piezo pressure sensor sits on a bank of solinoids ajacent to the cab from memory but was a few years and machine repairs ago,need a cou[ple more detail ,how long you had the machine ,do travel alot in it ,had any other failers latly how many hour ect ,ect cheers jmpstrt
I haven't looked in the fuse panel yet. Maybe that will fix problem number 2. The auto-idle will kick up when the macine is just sitting there. It doesn't do it very often, but it doesn't sit still in the auto idle position a great deal of time, so it's hard to judge the frequency of its episodes. Hopefully tomorrow a blown fuse will fix everything.
No blown fuses. The machine has about 7500 hrs. I've had it 2 years. It's had no other recent problems. Is there a solenoid on the valve bank that activates the high travel speed? If someone could direct me to something like that I could check for power and maybe get it narrowed down.
hi i have a 1998 322bl with 12000 hours and my machine just started to do the same thing. when i start work in the morning the machine works fine and my two speed travel works flawless but after a half hour it will start to fail. if i have the auto idle selected the machine will idle down as i am walking it so it seems like the machine doesnt know its supposed to be moving(if i use any other functions it will idle back up). then if i stop walking and start again it will work for 5 seconds and then idle down again. i tried the high speed travel solenoid and i also tried the speed pressure sensor and havent solved the problem yet. it seems to me like whatever sensor that tells the pump/motor that the machine is walking doesnt seem to be working after i have it warmed up any help would be great thank you
There will be a solenoid for the 2 speed. It will be on the pilot manifold (should be 3 solenoids or so on the manifold I believe and can't tell you off the top of my head which is which(swing brake, implement lock out and 2 spd). Check inside the R/H rear door AKA pump compartment for the manifold. Sorry don't have much more info a this moment without checking a schematic.
I'm ashamed it's been so long and I haven't fixed this yet. I guess it's only mildly inconvenient. Anyway last week I had some time to check it out. I have no voltage at the solenoid. Where does the solenoid get it's signal from? Is there a relay hidden somewhere? Does anyone have access to a wiring diagram? Thanks for any help.
99 Ex75ur3 travel is very slow....new owner ....also new to site
Number 7 is the travel solenoid. It has one wire from earth (235-BK) and another (763-BU) from ECM connector (2).
On a whim today I checked the pump pressures on the monitor. The power shift pressure gave a reading (I didn't note what it was) about 2700 kpa I think, but the implement pump pressures just gave a - for a reading. Would those sensors not reading cause the travel speed not to shift?
Yes, See post #2 :exactly
You should check the monitor for active fault codes. The pressure sensor tells the computer when a large load is against the travel motors and the computer then drops the current to the high speed solenoid. If there is no signal the computer leaves you in low. The fault codes for the pressure sensors as recall are 1161 and 1162. The modifiers after that will tell you what the problem is.
Big Ben, Are the fuses for the sensors somewhere other than the fuse panel? John C., How do you check for codes. I'm not sure if I have done so before. I would like to be sure how to before I go over to the machine to check it out. Thanks
If you are unsure of the pilot line which to check, its on the swivel joint :tong
That fuse was good. I put a new one in anyway. No luck. All other fuses are good. How do I check for error codes?
As I recall you go into the service menu in the monitor panel and it will ask for a code. That code is FFF2. Once there you use the cursor to key down one and then go to the right to find the code trees. First will be active codes, then logged codes and finally events. You can move the cursor down in each section to cycle through as many codes as are active or logged. Record them all and you can look them up in a book or post here and someone can let you know what they are.
Here are the active codes. 69:1162-04, 69:1161-04, 69:587-03 Logged errors. 69:600-04, 69:1162-03, 69:1162-04, 69:1161-03, 69:1161-04, 69:587-03, 69:374-05, 69:376-05, 69:190-10, 69:167-08, 69:588-12
The active codes are the pressure sensors. I don't recognize the 587 code. I believe the pressure switches can be checked from the monitor panel with the right code. I wish I knew enough to be able to tell you how to get there. I'm sure there is also an ohm meter range for checking them.
1162-04 and 1161-04 errors are for the pump pressure sensor. Just check on the sensors if you have 24+ve on both of them. (i have given before the picture) If both are ok, then check the signal wires from the sensor to ecm for continuity. 587-03 error is for governor actuator feedback error. sending you the schemetic of the wires for continuity. else you might have other problems as actuator feedback problem or ecm ( which is less possible )
It's been a while but I finally got rained out with the machine in a place I could work on it and no other fires to put out. The sensors are getting power. I checked all wires from the sensors to the ECM for continuity. All were good. With the engine running I tried to check for signal from the sensors with a multi-meter. I was getting current on both. I couldn't say what, I'm a dunce with a multi-meter and I wasn't sure what to look for. I checked the connections with the ECM and they were fine. Does anyone have ideas on what to do next? I assume I need the monitor to read the pump pressures first. Is there a way to check the sensors themselves. I have a hard time believing they both went bad at the same time. Is there something else that could cause them to not read?
I had the same problem with a 312B. I found no effective way to directly check the pump pressure sensor other than the output voltage at the sensor plug. Voltage should be .5-2.5 volts NEUTRAL and 8.0-11.0 RELIEVED on a 312B and will probably be similar. My pressure sensor was bad and a new one fixed the travel. The sensor is very expensive, a little over $400 from Caterpillar. If you search for a replacement part you should find one for -a lot less-.