Hi Guys. My TB175 had an issue where it would shut down 5 sec after start due to the coolant/oil sensor light staying on. The dealer replaced the coolant sensor, no change. Then replaced the relay, problem stoped. Then a month later it does it again. I open the back and find the mechanic had left the o-ring off the coolant sensor so coolant had leaked. I put an o-ring on it, added coolant to the top of the radiator to submerge the sensor, problem solved. Now two days later it's doing it again. The coolant level was at the low line in the resivior tank but the sensor seems to be submerged when I pull it out. I hear this is a common problem with Takeuchi. Can anyone explain the the process of trouble shooting this? How does one ground out a sensor to bypass it? I have also heard there is a way to bypass this shutdown feature at the relay? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.
Posting cuz it may help someone else. Behind the seat on the wireing harness are two connectors under yellow tape. If you unwrap those and connect them it bypasses the alarm shutdowns. I grounded out all the sensors with no luck. I topped up the coolant but I think it had an air bubble in near the sensor or something and needed to run it out because when I connected the bypass and let it run the alarm trip cleared after about 3min and the problem seems to be solved. So if you replace the sensor or your coolant is low and you top it up and have problems with it shutting the engine down then try connecting the bypass and letting it run a bit to move the air out? While running I notived some air bubbles being pushed into the coolant resivior. Can anyone explain how the coolant resivior works? Does it overflow there when too full and then draw it up and out when it needs it? Because there's only one tube to the coolant resivior.
It works on a vacume from the change in the coolant temp. When the coolant warms up it expands and flows into the tank. Once it cools the coolant contracts and causes a vacuume that pulls the coolant back into the rad.