Hello, Im having issues with the hydraulic filter restriction popping up on a 2020 325G skid steer. If I'm running it and using attachments no problem. When I through up the lap bar to jump out and shovel or what ever it triggers the code. New hydraulic filter and fluid recently.
Welcome to HEF rabbit5 ! Machine serial number please. Bad filter restriction switch or wiring? If you have a new filter and the correct oil in the machine, I would suspect a bad filter restriction switch. Another possibility is a restricted cooler return screen at the hydraulic reservoir. If a new switch does not resolve the issue and the return screen is clean, then there is a wiring rework setup and new software from Deere to address the issue of filter restriction light issues.
Thank you so much. I really appreciate the response. I cant find a whole lot on the 325 G. When i was running the trencher it seamed like it shoulve had more power than it did. It seamed like i ran walk behind ones that dint bog like this did. Is there a bypass adjustment anywhere on the machine? Also when you turn in the aux hydraulics can you throttle the hydraulics like you xan with the thumb switch? The equipment is at the apartment property. I can get it tomorrow. Do you have to drain all the fluid ti change that screen?
Please supply a machine serial number. Are the hydraulics slowing down or is the engine bogging down? Your original post said the auxiliaries are working OK and you have a filter light issue. Yes. Yes. Before you do this, cut your old filter open and inspect it for debris (like this) . If it is spotless, then it is not likely to have debris in the screen.
The motor doesn't bog the hydraulics just stop. And you can hear the hydraulic fluid maybe bypassing at that point. How do you throttle the hydraulics when you lock them on. I run a blade that doesn't require much pressure. Just need minimal hydraulic pressure constantly. Thank you. I will inspect the filter.
Sounds like you have 2 different issues. Can you feather the hydraulics then lock it? Does it stay at the feathered setting? I would suggest checking charge pressure, system pressure check at the quick couplers, and a quick coupler leakage check. To check for leakage at the quick couplers, disconnect attachments, then move to the rear of the boom where the auxiliary lines come out the back. Disconnect the small hose, cap the hose with a steel plug and leave the steel line coming out of the boom open. Have someone operate the auxiliaries in one direction, then the other (still no attachment). If oil comes out of the small steel line, then there is internal leakage in the auxiliary manifold. It would be an O-ring on one of the couplers.
The thumb roller does let me feather. But will only lock in full.
Put a new filter and it started right away again today. How do you go about checking pressures before you day its a bad pressure switch?
What is the serial number of your machine? I think your issue with bogging and the filter light are two different issues. You mentioned new fluid. What fluid did you use? It would be cheaper to just install a new switch to see if it resolves the issue. If it does not, then you may need to have the wiring rework and software upgrade I mentioned above.
Could the switch be bypassed just to test .
Yes. Just ground the filter restriction switch wire with a jumper. The switch opens when the filter is restricted.
Sorry. Not near the equipment. Its at the other property. I puanother new filter. Same outcome. Its hy guard. I order a switch. So let's see Do you know if deere is providing this service free?
Depending on the serial number, it requires Hydrau or Hydrau XR. Only if it is under warranty. Otherwise, no. Again, a serial number would get that information.
Some machines don't like Baldwin filters. If that's what you're using then change to Donaldson or Fleetguard and see how it goes. Just my 2cent and experience.