Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D series air conditioner charge specs?

fastline ยท 2025-06-29 19:32

I'm an HVAC guy, and it seems our D series CTL is low on juice. I will do some sniffing for the leak but sometimes I come up empty. I want to say in the past when working on construction toys, CAT typically just provides a pressure/amb temp table? Would that be correct? I am pretty certain this is a TXV system in which I would want to be looking at super heat and subcool but I don't think I have ever really found any data for that. If pressures are the norm for service, would anyone have such a table? I think all these skids and CTLs all share the same cab and design.

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2025-06-30 03:56

    Attached the performance test data for the aircon. The required mass of R134a refrigerant will be on a tag somewhere around the cab door frame IIRC.

  2. #2Junkyard2025-06-30 07:15

    I did a 299D3 a few days ago. .81 kg if memory serves.

  3. #3fastline2025-06-30 11:29

    Nige. Appreciate it sir. That's probably the closest data CAT has. Junkyard, I think I have the 'total charge' value somewhere but I am not doing a full recharge 'yet'. I always want to pull my hair out when I look at automotive charts. Hardly any data to get charged properly.

  4. #4Junkyard2025-06-30 14:11

    Based on the pressures once fully charged it followed a temp/pressure chart I often use.