Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

329D JHJ00414

Alleman · 2022-09-22 05:55

Ok, I have searched these threads and have found some similar problems on here but not sure how to proceed. My 329D has 9097 hours . For a long time I have been getting a return hydraulic filter plugged warning on the screen. The sensor on the bottom has been changed along with new filter and pads. Completely drained the system, all filters and screen. The warning still comes and goes. But now when using only one hydraulic movement, it wants to kill the engine. Then it will be better for a half hour and go back to bogging down. Technician looked into the fuel system but it has only worsened. Any advice?

Replies5
  1. #1heymccall2022-09-22 09:48

    Using the display monitor, go in and find fuel pressure (its in the service mode). Then watch the pressure as you replicate the problem. On my 324D machines, any fuel system restriction would cause full stoppage of the work function and never stutter the engine. Let go of the sticks, wait 5 seconds, resume, rinse, repeat....until the filters were swapped.

  2. #2heymccall2022-09-22 09:52

    What return filter is you using? 179-9806?

  3. #3Alleman2022-09-22 10:12

    Yes 179-9806 is the return I am using. I am going to replace some fuel lines today to see if it helps. I changed all hyd filters and fuel filters yesterday and to no avail. The same issue is present. I want to say sporadically but it is the majority of time it is running.

  4. #4Alleman2022-09-22 10:13

    I will have to get into the service screen once i get to the machine today.

  5. #5Alleman2022-09-22 14:32

    Ok … my service mode does not show fuel system pressure. Neither does the performance. I’d does show me pump#1 and pump#2 pressure… and when the hoe is working somewhat decent, both pressures will get to 22000kpa but the other times it doesn’t go much more than 17000-18000kpa. If I track … the pressures go from 7-9000but are not consistent nor are they in sync at all.