Do any of you know what the heck an OCV filter is? I know I'm going to feel stupid when I find out, but I'll be danged if I can find information in the manual, or on SIS.
Crankcase breather filter. It'll be in that goofy looking canister attached to the blow by tube out of the valve cover.
Thankyou. I wondered about that but couldn't make the acronym fit!
Open Crankcase Vent filter I believe is the term.
Well, I still am not sure but I gather this is what we are looking for. Fumes Disposal Filter Kit. I am sure they could have made that more difficult, but I'm not sure how!
Not even in the "Maintenance Intervals Menu" section of the O&M.? All it's telling you is that, as per the intervals set by the OEM, the OCV is overdue for cleaning/maintenance having gone 5 hours past the 1500hr setting since the last reset - then reset the counter.
We use the MI Menu on all our equipment to track the need for maintenance, hence the photo I posted stating that the OCV filter is 55 hours past due to be changed. It did not say what the OCV filter was though, and Cat decided to call it OCV in the machine but calls it Fumes Disposal Filter in SIS. We have no problem resetting the counter.
Gotcha. I agree that it is somewhat confusing when you find it under the fumes disposal system.
Anyway, thanks to you and 92U for helping me figure this out!