Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deere 200C LC wide open miss. Idles fine.

beanfarmer71355 ยท 2024-11-14 18:50

Has the Stanadyne DE10 pump. Occasionally, machine will start, run 3 seconds and kill then crank right up. I had noticed 2 injectors were getting a little leakage at the head. Meanwhile, machine started running rough. Had some time, today, so I started from the bottom. Clean tank, fuel filters, lift pump. Changed the two leaking injectors. Got machine running, still rough at WOT. Started cracking lines, 4th injector from the front made no difference when cracked and when completely loose, very little diesel would come out. I did not have time to take the line off at pump but I see no leaks on that #4 line. Possibilities: Solenoid on pump? If it were a piston pump I would take the pump off and get fixed/replaced. Being a rotary, Isn't it more like an open manifold, similar to a rail system? A bad injector causing it to not build pressure? I really don't think it is the pump. A while back I eliminated the primer pump in the water separator. It was causing air in system. I do have a couple sprayers and tractors with the 6.8L Deere, but they are all common rail so I cannot swap stuff around. `

Replies7
  1. #1Vetech632024-11-14 18:56

    When you are running wide open, do you hear any popping noise from the intake or exhaust? Is there smoke from the exhaust? If so, is it puffing or steady smoke and what color is it?

  2. #2heymccall2024-11-14 19:20

    If still using the factory water separator bowl, Oring #17 missing can result in air intrusion, yet no fuel leak. This will also give a start/ stall/ then start and stay running.

  3. #3beanfarmer713552024-11-14 21:31

    Nothing apparent from intake, and if/when it smokes under load it is fuel.

  4. #4beanfarmer713552024-11-14 21:34

    I eliminated the bowl. I drain regularly and machine sleeps under a shed 10 months out the year. I am really leaning toward replacing the pump. Local Deere dealer has one. Many of the older 6 and 7000 series tractors in the sugarcane use that pump and fails often, so they say.

  5. #5Diesel Dave2024-11-14 21:44

    In the battery compartment there is a diagnostic display unit for the engine. Check and post any service codes.

  6. #6mg23612024-11-15 04:58

    I'll bet you have 1076 codes. Either the pump or the ECU is failing. Both are common issues with the DE10 system. 1076 would most likely be the pump. No codes could be the ECU. Neither is 100% though. Deere's Service Advisor would help with pinpointing.

  7. #7beanfarmer713552024-11-20 21:49

    Thanks for all the replies. Changed lift pump, all 6 injectors, fresh filters, even cleaned the tank. It is not as bad, but still there, the miss. I guess I'll pull the pump.