Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

330 horsepower Cummins ISL in a 2001 Sterling—does this engine do a good job?

LeakyBoot ยท 2012-11-19 21:34

I pull a 54000 gross with a 855 Cummins rated 240 HP. I was considering Sterling for more power. I called Cummins and talked to the local expert who said the 240 will pretty much do the same as much more torque. Any experience pulling with the 330hp ISL in hill country? LB

Replies1
  1. #1dirtmonkey2012-11-19 22:39

    Mine does alright. I pull my d5k with it but I'm in Okla. But , we do have some good long pulls on the highways that I have to drop a gear on but I'm happy with it. 10 speed and 4:11 rears. I don't really get in hurry anyway. It'll hold 70 mph most of the time and with cruise on it does ok. It does ok on the back roads too. Hope this helps :beatsme Tried to keep it short and sweet , my iPad battery is gettn low.