Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

C 65 Chevy parts book

beachking ยท 2012-11-19 20:43

I have a 1978 C-65 Chevy. Does anyone know where to get a parts book and a service manual?

Replies5
  1. #1sheepfoot2012-11-19 21:31

    Is the line ticket still in the glove box, it should have most of your info, most trucks have alot of differant builds and the dealers seem to need the s/n vinn to do anything here. Alot have changed engines, trans, rears so to get a parts book may be rare unless you have owned it since new. I think you can still order older chiltons and motors books threw alot of book stores, dealers can also order the service books.

  2. #2beachking2012-11-20 17:08

    Found the sticker last night. The truck is all original with 33000km, never seen snow or rain. Was thinking a parts book would make it easier to order parts. Seem to be having a hard time getting them. Alote of places tell me they could order parts if i had the number. Thanks for your help, will try the bookstore.

  3. #3Axle2012-11-25 15:41

    Unless its a used book store, you won't find a parts book at a regular book store. Parts book (depending on year, might be two books, one illustrations, the other part numbers, but not always. Different years, different books). Even Helm only goes back to 1990 for the medium duty c-series so new is out, leaving Ebay as your only other avenue at finding one of these. You might want to email this seller and see if they have anything for the c65. I've used them in the past and they don't have unrealistic prices; http://stores.ebay.com/Lorie-and-Je...mit=Search&LH_TitleDesc=1&_fsub=3&_sid=983815 Alex.

  4. #4divedigger2012-11-28 19:08

    c65 manual I had a 1978 C65 and may have the big hard back Chiltons repair manual still. I will look and let you know. I do have a good low milage manual steering gear box and Holley carbs manily for parts but was orginal Thanks

  5. #5stumpjumper832012-11-28 22:09

    i might have a owners manual for a c-60... tiny gas motor, 296 i think. Hydraulic brakes. 5x2 rear... would that help