Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

3306 Chinese clone

AK_Marty ยท 2015-03-20 16:57

Any one have experience with Shanghai diesel engines? We just put a Shanghai 3306 clone in a Cat 966D and can't figure out how to regulate the air from the compressor. The supplier said the engine was configured for a 966E but I can't find any info on a difference between the D model and E model air systems. I also can't figure out who made the compressor, the only name plate on the compressor is in Chinese.

Replies3
  1. #1Hardline2015-03-20 17:35

    Marty, is the company you bought it through not able to tell you the information you need? I have seen a couple grey market forklifts and excavators around here before and cringe every time I have to work on one. Support is none existent. When you call the local dealer they explain to you that "that machine is not supposed to be in the states". I'm like no kidding? What would you like me to do tell them to bring it to the scrap yard? I would hate to think my company would have paid to be in that position.

  2. #2kshansen2015-03-20 18:04

    Any chance of a picture of the compressor, mainly the head area? Might help know what the design was stole from! Should have unloaders in the head somewhere that a small line would hook to from the air governor. Any chance there is a pad on the head some where with two 1/4 inch or 6mm bolt holes on either side of a small pipe plug?

  3. #3ciaran2015-03-21 04:12

    Marty, What is your problem? Is the compressor not making air or making too much.? Is there a regulator on the compressor or blanked off as Kshansen mentioned.