Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Adding Auxillary Hydraulics to Komatsu WA 150-5

Jim15 ยท 2015-03-22 12:39

We've had a 2007 Komatsu WA 150-5 for two winters now. We have used a 12' Snow pusher on it. It came with a JRB coupler, 2 yard bucket, forks, JRB plow frame, and a 12' pusher but no Auxillary Hydraulics. We have a 10' Everest power angle plow that hasn't been used the last couple of seasons and want to use it on this machine next season. Do any Komatsu guys know if they sell a kit with the 3 spool control valve, controller, and Auxillary lines? If they do, have you installed one, and how long did it take? Thanks, Jim

Replies6
  1. #1TQScott2015-05-13 20:07

    Hi Jim, I found a valve that is ideal for your application a couple of years ago. For a plow setup a diverter valve works well. It interrupts the bucket hoses and lets you temporarily operate the angle circuit. I will look at my notes and post the valve and how i installed it. Seems my instant recall is not too sharp these days! Regards, Scott

  2. #2DK882015-05-14 19:42

    Spend the money and get the additional section of control valve unless it already has it and run a couple hoses down the boom and you will be much happier and cleaner looking

  3. #3SmokeyRiver2015-05-28 00:01

    They sell a seperate service spool kit or notmally called a 3rd function kit. It can be installed in about 4.5 hours if you have done one before. That is the best way to go on those machines vs the diverted valve in the bucket circuit. Pm me for more details of you would like. I have worked on a tone of -5 through -7 hydrostatic komatsu loaders.

  4. #4Jim152015-05-28 17:41

    Thanks. I figured they had a kit you could get. We actually added another loader which will be using that plow, but I still might still add the kit if it's cost effective. Do you know off hand about how much those kits run? (I can't seem to figure out how to pm you from my phone.) Thanks again

  5. #5Jim152015-05-28 17:53

    Scott, Thanks for the reply. We actually have a diverter valve on one of our other loaders, and Ingersoll Rand. The hydraulic coupler is actually tied into the auxiliary hydraulic lines by using the diverter valve. There's a handle on the quick coupler that you use to switch between the coupler or the auxiliary hydraulics. We had actually thought about adding a diverter valve into the hydraulic quick coupler line, but then remembered it's fed off of the bucket hydraulics, and decided that's not the route we'd like to go since we want to be able to easily adjust the bucket curl or plow angle without having to constantly flip a switch. Thanks again for your help though.

  6. #6SmokeyRiver2015-05-28 20:47

    I think the kit is about 3k. But I could be wrong. I can check if you really need a hard number. I think money is not an option to have such a handy option.