Hi, I am having troubles and any suggestions would be great. 330B keeps losing my live swivles and travel motors this year. I have reacted live swivle then replaced it, now it's out again and took out my 3rd travel motor since this spring. I have checked everything I could think of from flow to filters...and cat says they have no answers for me.
Shan, I take it you mean Swing Motor when you say Live Swivel? That's SHORT LIFE they last for years. Where are you getting replacements? New/Exch from Cat or Good Used and Restored? Do they just stop driving? are they full of ground up metal when you take them off? Later Bob
New parts from Cat on the live swivel remand from cat on the travel motors, swing motor not in the equation yet. The top packing in my live swivel blows out and travel motor fails. No metal in oil.
Shan, I am getting a better picture from you now. It's the swivel not the swing motor. On the old core line 215 225 235 245 hoes the swivels always where exchanged because of external leaks, dirt getting under seal and causing wear. On the 300 series I have never seen a swivel leak externally. Any swivels I have seen needing changing caused weak travel. Take a cold machine out on to a dry lose dirt surface and make two or three circles and the machine wouldnt travel unless you went straight. Do you think you have the case drain line hooked up to a pressure port Later Bob
Back again Shan, had keyboard trouble. I want to here more about the motors. You say no metal so they didn't have a disasterous failure, more of a heavy leak on hyd oil into the final drives along with a big swivel leak. Is that correct? That is unusual for your machine. One other thing to check would be the tank pressure when you get working. Many machines just rely on thermal expansion of the oil to pressurize the tank, others use a line from the engine's intake manifold and use boost to pressurize the tank. Some have a regulator too(maybe only 345's). The case drain line goes from the swivel to the filter and back to the tank. Have you changed and cut open this filter? I suspect all is good with it and likely the line from filter to tank is meeting some resistance to flow it shouldn't be. I have access to many sized TEE fittings that allow connecting a gauge into a line any place. They are expensive to buy but if you know any mechanics that have some try to check that return line. Also look in your parts book for correct routing of lines. Later Bob
Bob, I blow the top cover off the live swivel when using the left travel this time, so my travel motors goes from it was working, to not working at all any more even of I replace o rings to move the machine to work on it. Lines are correctly hooked up, have a dedicated case drain filter for just the travel motors, open a filter after the issue there was just a small amount of brass. Pressure cap working correctly on hydro tank. Travels don't get weak just go out when live swivel blows. Thanks Shanna
Shan, I think have two speed travel pressure getting into your case drain and blowing the seals. I might be wrong but something is happening that isn't right and the only thing could be the travel speed. I would normally say brake release pressure but your brake release comes from the drive pressure. Flip your travel speed from slow to fast or fast to slow and see if it helps. Oh by the way does your travel speed change when you select high and low? Later Bob