serial number is CYA0985 talked to a cat guy he said you can put the hvac control panel into self diagnostic mode and get the codes out of it , he was to busy rite now to look up the instructions does anyone have access to sis and let me know how to do it ? when it quits working if it decides to work a E i beleive shows up on the display(thats what the operator is telling me ) thanks , my personal thoughts on the problem is that the seat needs to come out and clean it all out but that is just a guess rite now and i wont be able to look at it till it gets shut down for lunch
I found instructions to pull codes for a system that has knobs for fan speed and temp control , but not any instructions for the type of hvac display that I have that is all just push buttons, Is this going to end up needing CAT ET to diagnose ?
here are the instructions for anyone curious now to see if they work or not To display fault codes, depress the ON key three times in rapid succession. The digital display will then display any active fault codes. Pressing the ON key again repeatedly will scroll through any existing error codes. After five seconds without further key presses, the system will exit the diagnostics mode and return to normal operation. No Faults - E0 Cab Sensor Shorted - E1 Cab Sensor Open - E2 Evaporator Probe Shorted - E3 Evaporator Probe Open - E4 Duct Sensor Shorted - E5 Duct Sensor Open - E6 Pressure Transducer Open - E151 Pressure Transducer Shorted - E12 Water Valve Actuator Error - E13 Electronics or Comm. Error - E17 Clutch Open - E18* Clutch Shorted - E19* No Refrigerant - E20* High-pressure - E22* Low Voltage Error - E23* Advanced Diagnostics: The ATC Advanced Diagnostics control panel allows the technician to see real-time system information on the control panel display. Control panel display will assist in A/C-heater servicing. This real-time information can help the service technician diagnose certain system problems. To display advanced diagnostics, depress ON key three times in rapid succession (fault codes displayed) then immediately press and hold ON key for five seconds. The text "CAB" will be displayed. After a few seconds, the real-time value of the cab temperature measured by the ATC is displayed. This value, as well as any other value displayed by the control panel, will continuously update. Pressing the ON key again repeatedly will scroll through all of the available diagnostics information CAB - Cab Air Temperature (°C or °F) EVAP - Evaporator Core Temperature (°C or °F) DUCT - Duct Air Temperature (°C or °F) HEAT - Water Valve Command (% of valve open) A-C - A-C Clutch Request (on / off ) FAN - Blower Fan Speed (% of maximum fan speed) DEF - Defrost Mode Active (On/Off) HI-P - High Side Pressure (psig or bar) PRHT - Blower Enable Active (On/Off) VOLT - System Voltage (DC Volts) Note: The system can be operated normally while in advanced diagnostics mode, including changing the temperature set point or changing the blower fan speed, to evaluate the response of the system. Firmware Version Mode The firmware version of the control panel and Electronic Control Unit (ECU) can be displayed. From the advanced diagnostics mode, press and hold the ON key for five seconds. The text CTRL will be displayed and after a few seconds, the control panel firmware version number will be displayed. Pressing the ON key will toggle to the ECU firmware version. The following firmware version information is available: CTRL - Control Panel Version ECU - ECU Version Exiting the Diagnostic Mode: To exit the advanced diagnostic mode or firmware Version mode, turn the system OFF by pressing the OFF key.
Well I fixxed it , above instructions dont apply to my machine it is one of the semi rare ecu controlled climate control systems and requires cat et to see what it is doing .. Once I was able to repeatly make it fail no thanks to operators description of it just keeps quiting I found the refrigerant was low, Apparently they were puting it on auto when it was cool out and when it warmed up it shut down the system when it demanded the ac clutch to come on .. the heat wouldnt even work as long as the .E was on the screen the blower was only thing stayying on
Last one I looked at you pressed both the temp up and down controls at the same time and then pressed the on button. The system display would then show any fault codes that are present. You have to scroll through if there are more than one by pressing either the temp up by itself or temp down be itself as I recall.
even though I have it working I may go out and try this just becuase I can and i have to fix a leak on the valve bank tommorrow anyways so i will be there to try it will let you know if that works , the only other self diagnostics instructions i found were for machines with temp and blower knobs
that did the trick now i have to get the fualt table for that system
Send me a PM and I'll send you the list that I have.
thanks John I managed to catch the cat service guy when he wasnt busy and he sent me over the fualt table for my machine now i just need to kick them out of the machine so i can clean the system out and diagnose it
Cool! I'm glad the service guy got you taken care of. I don't recall how to clear codes out of the display. I seem to remember a live code flashes but I could be wrong on that.
press the recirculation switch and defrost switch at same time to clear faults. I ended up having a faulty pressure switch