Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

331 Bobcat ISO controls

joelmartin ยท 2010-07-08 08:51

Is there a switchover valve on all 331 Bobcat excavators? We cannot find it. Is there a simple way to follow the hoses and swap them around? Has anyone done that? Thanks, Joel Martin

Replies5
  1. #1SNOWBALL2010-07-08 08:56

    should be a lever by your right heel

  2. #2heavylift2010-07-08 10:10

    http://www.bobcat.com/excavators/why_bobcat/comfort_cab 1st red dot in bottom of photo.. by right foot

  3. #3joelmartin2010-07-20 08:58

    Thought its time I update you guys that I was sent to swap hoses as there is no switchover on this machine, maybe it was removed? The procedure is pretty simple. Disregard any schematics. Follow a hydraulic hose from the boom lift cylinder back to the valve bank to see which section runs it. Now do the same for the arm / stick in /out function. Swap the tiny pilot lines, which run to the joystick, from the one to the other. Any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

  4. #4starcher20102012-11-06 20:54

    Hello, I have a 331 Bobcat Excavator that uses John Deere controls at the moment, however I would rather have it using CAT controls. I read your posts above and my 331 does not have the level to switch it over. I was wondering if you can be more detailed and specifc on the hoses that need switched around?

  5. #5joelmartin2012-11-06 22:14

    Bobcat 331 Here's how I would do it: 1st, Follow the hydraulic hose from the boom lift cylinder to the valve bank. When I see which sandwich section of the valve bank supplies oil to that lift cylinder, (I would mark the hoses with colored plastic ties before I change anything, so in case you get confused, you know how to get back to square one) then I would disconnect the small pilot hoses that go from that section to the hand valve. Next, I would follow the hoses from the "stick in and out" cylinder to the valve bank as well. Then I'd swap the small pilot hoses from that section to the one disconnected in the previous paragraph. (If the function is now on the correct handle but backwards, then I would simply swap those two hoses to correct that mistake.) DISCLAIMER: Am hereby absolved from any responsibility for the actions resulting from this advice.