I hope you guys dont mind me posting these videos... YouTube - Komatsu PC800 excavator hammering 95 feet below street level
Why are they using such a big machine and hammer? That rock is pre drilled and split allready. You can use a smaller machine ans save lots of cost.
Vinny, Thanks so much for posting this! This machine was prepped and flow tested in my shop, then torn down for transport to WTC, sold to Halmar International. We finished assembly and put it to work about 10 days ago. It's good to see it doing it's thing. Nuccio, The drilling doesn't help very much. The rock at WTC, and all over Manhattan, is like no other. There is only one way to make money in NYC on a rock job like this, and that is a big excavator with a big hammer. This hammer is an NPK GH-40, and is one of the first production models sold in the US. We had a field follow unit out with another large NYC contractor for about 6 months, after which it was returned to us, sent back to NPK for teardown, and then evaluated. What you see here is the result of all that R&D. NPK will also be releasing the GH-50 very soon, which is the next size up and is meant for a PC1250 class machine. Don't be surprised when you see one in Manhattan....it's a monster. Best, Tony
Nac Just because it is pre drilled does not mean it is easy to break. We have a lot of rock around here just like that, and the best way through it is to pre drill, and then use the largest hammer you can find. Looks like that is exactly what they are doing. A smaller hammer will break smaller chunks, and require even more pre drilling. By using the bigger hammer, the pre drilling can be spaced a little farther, and more rock can be broken per hour, and that is what it is all about. I would hate to see the unit price per yard for that digging. It has to be outrageous. I hope to see the one on the 1250 when it comes out.
Lots of info! Do you know if the 1250 hammer is going to the WTC? Testa Corp already had their 1250 hammer in the WTC, and on other projects. I had the opportunity to go on site to see Testa working but didnt go
Vinny, The PC1250/NPK GH-50 combo you saw with Testa was actually the "R&D" unit, as NPK had a GH-50 with Testa on their 1250 as a "long term field follow". The production GH-50 is being rolled out soon, but to my knowledge, none have been sold yet, at least in our area. We don't have any 1250's going out right now. What I meant in my earlier post was that you will, in the future, see 1250's with GH-50's on the bigger NYC rock jobs. Should I hear of anything brewing, I'll let you know. Thanks again for the video. Best, Tony
Oh, alright. No problem!
Heres one I just uploaded of a PC300 hammering right next to the 800 YouTube - Komatsu PC300 excavator hammering in a foundation
What size is the hammer?Weight Class? That rock is pre drilled and split with an expansive chemical i see all the empty boxes on the video, I have work in the city breaking rock. And have been on jobs with 20,000 lb hammers that would not even scratch the rock and have broke it with predrilling and spilting and hammering with a 4,000 lb hammer. Tony who do you work for?
There are big hammers working in the city all ready AtlasCopco HB 10000 10 metric ton hammer and Indeco has a 25,000 hammer also. NYC rock (manhattan schist) is very hard but here in NJ we have hard rock also (basalt) also very dense it weight 5,000 lbs/ cy. I have seen it drilled on 12" center eack way with a 4" bit and then 16,000 hammers try to break it and they get no where just eat up a new chisel in one day..
I just want to know who is hiding under the tarp?
I seen this Indeco hammer on a 385 on 55th street in manhattan (not my video) YouTube - INDECO HP18000 The Biggest Breaker of the World
Found this today not my photo
Wow ! I'm new here, do you put the breaker in your pick-up truck to move it from site to site ? LOL I just had to get that in there ! It is incredible ! Thanks for sharing. Kap
The hoses seem small for 137 gpm
Holy moly that is fast Only if its a GM Just a joke from the pickup pulling 20K thread