Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

331 Deere code

John Sarappa · 2023-09-16 16:58

Good afternoon, I have a Deere 331g and have a 412.03 code-egr temp circuit fault. Does anyone know where the sensor is? Maybe a loose wire/ plug? Is it something that can be cleaned? Part number to replace. Thanks

Replies11
  1. #1mg23612023-09-17 07:11

    Please post the entire machine serial number whenever requesting Deere help. Most times when I have had this code, it was the sensor, but make sure the wiring and the terminals are good first. The parts page below is for the "F" serial numbered machines. Edit: After checking, the "E" serial is the same part number.

  2. #2John Sarappa2023-09-17 09:52

    Thank, this code came up after 2 days of using the machine to power a log splitter at 1400 rpm. I wonder if this is a result of carbon foulin or just a coincidence? Can they be cleaned?

  3. #3mg23612023-09-18 04:38

    Cleaning will not fix the issue. A ".03" code is an electrical issue.

  4. #4John Sarappa2023-09-18 10:01

    Ok thanks, I will check the wiring this afternoon.

  5. #5John Sarappa2023-09-18 13:19

    Is this the sensor,with 8 wires coming out of it?

  6. #6John Sarappa2023-09-18 13:20

    Here is the serial number

  7. #7John Sarappa2023-09-18 19:18

    Update: I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes and no active codes.

  8. #8mg23612023-09-19 04:36

    No. That is the NOX sensor in the exhaust system. You access the EGR temperature sensor with the cab up in the air. When looking in from the front with the cab up, there is a 1 to 1-1/4 inch pipe running across the back of the engine. The sensor will be on the right end of the pipe when looking in, just like in the parts page I posted above. Then run it. Let's see if the code returns.

  9. #9John Sarappa2023-09-19 09:08

    I saw it behind the motor and was going to lift the cab but unhooked the battery first. Used a brush cutter for 5 hours after that and no issues. Thanks

  10. #10John Sarappa2023-09-19 17:31

    So the saga continues. I started it up this morning and got the same code. It said 28 minutes to derate. Ran it til the countdown was done but it never pulled power? So I raised the cab to get to the sensor. The plug was securely on and the wires were not frayed or chewed on. I tried to unplug it but didn’t know how to unlock the plug. Wiggled it and pushed it in. I didn’t want to break it so I put the cab back down and started it and no active codes again. I don’t know if it’s starting to corrode and me messing with it made it get a decent connection or what? So I am hoping you can explain to me how to unplug it. Thanks

  11. #11mg23612023-09-20 06:01

    They put this plastic cover over the sensor plugs that makes it a royal PIA to work on. That plug has a little tab you press to unlock it, but it is so far under that plastic you can't get to it unless you cut open the plastic cover. Most times I can lift the lock with an O-ring pick to disengage it. But I have already split the covers as well.