Hello. I have a Deere 331G and it went into limp mode the other day. It seems to be a DEF issues but I can’t pin point what the issues is. I’ve been researching for 3 days now and I’ll I can find is people getting a code that seems to be the broken wire by the injector. I do not have that code and I checked the wire there just in case. Here’s a list of the codes that I have. The ones with a * beside them is what’s active. I just put fuel in it that day and it must of had water in it. But I wouldn’t think it would cause all this? *Dcu 523601.01 nox reduced rate low *Ecu 522329.00 water in fuel *Dcu 523636.00 scr system error very high Dcu 523636.16 scr system error moderately high Dcu 3516.01 def concentration very low Ecu 157.18 fuel rail pressure very low Dcu 1761.18 def level moderately low Vcu 520849.03 right JS trigger circuit fault Hcu 520882.13 loader threshold calibration
Welcome to HEF WV ! Will need the machine's serial number, please. Your issue is still with the water in the fuel code. The DCU 523636.00 is also a derate code. It is reporting what the ECU is telling it. What it indicates in the monitor is incorrect.
If you drained the water out of the filter and you still have the code, you may need a new WIF sensor.
Would water in the fuel cause it say def issue? I forget off hand what it actually says word for word on the screen when I first start it up. But it says something about the def system.
Def system fault engine power and speed limited That’s what the monitor says once started
So the water in the fuel is fixed. Now I just have 2 active codes which are. *Dcu 523601.01 nox reduction rate low *Dcu 523636.00 scr system error very high
No. There is an error in the software writing. The 523636.00 is supposed to read "Engine Power Derate Condition Exists", as reported by the DCU, which got that information from the ECU. If the WIF code is now gone and the 523601.01 is active, that is now setting the 636 code, which is just informing you that a derate condition exists. The 523601.01 code is SCR Catalyst Conversion Efficiency Extremely Low. Check your messages for the code diagnostic procedure.