Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help 317G Hydraulic Issue

JLU22 ยท 2025-08-14 13:09

I have a 2022 John Deere 317G with 1800 hrs. My machines bucket and boom cylinders are bleeding off while using my mowing attachment, you don't notice it when you first start using it but once it gets warm you have to constantly raise the mower while operating. You can stop and raise it all the way up and watch it tick down immediately and same with the bucket cylinder raise the front and it ticks down. Had the machine in the dealership and they can't find any issues with the cylinders. There is no visible leaks and not losing hydraulic fluid it's full.

Replies2
  1. #1mg23612025-08-15 05:24

    Welcome to HEF JLU22 ! Machine serial number please. Did the dealer perform a cylinder leak test? What does it say they did on the invoice?

  2. #2JLU222025-08-15 17:49

    I'm going to pick it up in the morning so I'll know for sure. But was told over the phone the tested both the boom and bucket cylinders and found nothing. Now I'm not sure if they tested it checked for internal leaks as that wouldn't show any signs of hydraulic fluid loss.