Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

332G bucket/loader arm sway

JohnDeere332G · 2022-11-09 18:51

Good afternoon, Been using my John Deere 332G more and more, I really like the machine. Plenty of power. The machine has almost 5000 hours on it. There is slop in the front plate bushings, I understand how those are replaced and how they work. That being said, there is side to side sway in what I would call the top links that attach to the loader arms behind the cab of the machine. I can watch these pivot points on the top links move side to side when the loader arms are up. Anyone know If these top links have bushings or are they weld-on style replacement parts? Anyone rebuild em before?

Replies3
  1. #1mg23612022-11-10 05:19

    Hardware tight? Hers is the parts page: https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/1400855/referrer/navigation/pgId/577537060

  2. #2JohnDeere332G2022-11-10 20:58

    Hardware feels tight, although I might need to get a cheater on my breaker bar to make sure. I’m sure these bolts require some serious torque. I didn’t even know that John Deere exploded diagrams like this were available. Thank you very much. If it isn’t just a loose hardware issue, I will replace the number “2” pivot bushings listed above. Anyone press these out themselves? I’ve seen a few videos of people using bottle jack style presses with the assembly off the machine. I was thinking this may work.

  3. #3mg23612022-11-11 05:25

    Either torch it out (carefully) or weld beads around the inside diameter to shrink it for removal, then use dry ice for installation. Or use something like this for removal/installation, which is what I use (it's $$$).