I have a 2012 John Deere 333D with around1700 hours I bought used to use on my property. The left final has started to leak which I am assuming is the face seal. JD wants around $2200 for just the seals. My question is how difficult of a job is this? Can I pull the hub off but leave the final on the machine and replace the seals. I have tools for class 8 truck repair but not a lot of knowledge in equipment repair. I am trying to decide whether to attempt the repair myself, take it to a shop, or sell it as is and find a different machine. Thank you.
Is this an early serial with a rexroth drive? Or later one with Torque hub drive. Both can be done, the torquehub is possibly a little easier, as the rexroth was nit really made to work on.. . Try crcomponents.com for seals and also tools. No need to remove final drive from machine,
Torque hub. Thank you for the input. I will take a look at crcomponents.com also. Thank you!
crcomponents.com is a great resource. Their videos are extremely informative, and I feel much more confident I can repair this myself. Funny thing is they never once came up in my google search for 333D face seal.
Hey @Loudpipes66 , I've just purchased a 333d at auction. Has a couple engine related issues, but it does run and hydraulics work. How have you liked your machine? Anything you don't like about it?
Hi John. We have had it for almost 2 years now. This is my first skid loader so I don't much to compare it to. I like that it has strong hydraulics and seems well balanced. It is easy to use and operate(so much so that my wife really enjoys running it and she is good at it!) I wanted a D not an E because from research they have a true Deere engine and no emissions!! High flow is nice to use a variety of attachments. We bought a cheap chinese JCT brush cutter and have been impressed with it as well. I have a JD 4600 compact tractor with front end loader. Since buying the 333 I haven't had the loader on the tractor for over a year and I sold my 3 pt brush hog. I would have preferred an enclosed cab but the price was within my budget. Any other questions feel free to ask. I have found this forum to be a great resource in the short time I have been on it.
I have dealt with CR Components several times and can attest that they provide incredible support and are highly knowledgeable on the Fairfield, Torque Hub final drives. Not having any prior experience rebuilding mine (331G), they guided me through the process with great patience.
I finally got around to replacing these. The seals were not nearly as bad to replace as I thought. However CR recommends cleaning the case drain filter and that was a different story. The guys at cr components were great to answer my questions on the case drain and their products were great quality. I bought their socket to remove the hub nut which made a big difference too.