Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

333D Travel Trouble

CMiller228 · 2024-07-21 18:40

I’ve got a 333D that blew a line for the left drive motor. Was operating perfect, just blew a line that had a bad spot on it. After I replaced the line, it traveled approximately 30 feet and the left track started to barely move. All other functions work perfect. I’ve put a new drive motor on the left side and a new speed sensor and it still struggles to barely move that track. It acts like it’s under a load when holding the joystick forward and when I return the joystick to neutral, the left track acts like it wants to travel backwards. Does anyone have any input on what to do next?

Replies8
  1. #1mg23612024-07-22 05:10

    Machine serial number? Before the drive motor/speed sensor replacement, did it act like it was under load when trying to move it, or is that something that started since the motor replacement? Any active or stored codes in the monitor? You may have to scroll to codes and look.

  2. #2CMiller2282024-07-22 10:40

    1T0333DMCCD225044 Yes. After the line was replaced, it traveled around 30-40 feet and started acting up.

  3. #3CMiller2282024-07-22 11:00

    The machine ran and operated perfect BEFORE the line blew and traveled 30-40 feet before it started to act up.

  4. #4mg23612024-07-22 11:53

    Which specific line blew? Are there codes?

  5. #5CMiller2282024-07-22 15:52

    The large upper line on the drive motor. The only code is for the RIGHT speed sensor. The new speed sensor for that side will be here this week

  6. #6CMiller2282024-07-23 22:22

    ?

  7. #7ozarkag2024-07-23 23:17

    Possible debris, or even a cap plug got in the motor or lines? Not saying you didn't keep everything clean and careful, just something I've done myself. . .

  8. #8mg23612024-07-24 04:59

    If seeking help from the forum, we ask for patience. I and everyone else here who contributes are not available very day to answer questions, or we get tied up trying to help someone else and can't get to the other folks to help. If the repair needs to be done pronto, then you will need to call a professional. Unless it is just a coincidence and another issue cropped up, I agree with @ozarkag . It was fine before the repair, now there is an issue after the repair. I would be back-tracking everything I had done to make sure I didn't do something worthy enough to place into the TGIF thread. The one question I have at the moment is, does it pull the engine speed down or sound like it is going over relief when trying to travel with that side? If so, I would be checking the park brake circuit on that side. You said it wants to move in the opposite direction when the lever is released. Did you go into the monitor service mode (press and hold menu button for 5 seconds until SERVICE MENU appears) and check the lever positions to see if it returns to 0 when in neutral?