Hey I have a cat 336 the serial number is CAT0336ECRZA00244 and it’s throwing these two event codes 1050 and 1026. And it saying it needs a regen on the monitor I took the particlate filter off and had it cleaned and I also just replaced the spark plug after the codes popped up just to be safe Any help or suggestions on what I should be checking would be greatly appreciated.I really don’t want to call the dealer out. thank y'all for the help
I'm not familiar with the Cat excavators. I have more worked on the skid loaders. The two codes you are showing would have more to do with the ARD head. (Not sure if that is the right name, that is what they called it on the trucks). Problem with the igniter and the fuel supply to it if I understand it right. Hopefully someone that knows more about them will chime in. After you had the DPF baked out, there are some things that should be reset. Probably a DPF counter and maybe a differential pressure sensor calibration. Different models/brands have different terms. If they are not reset the engine and ECM doesn't really know that it has a fresh DPF on it and it may not let you go as long for the next cleaning. I'm pretty sure the only way you'll reset those perimeters is with some kind of diagnostic software.
Very likely that your fuel nozzle in the ARD head is plugged. Easy check is to pull the ARD head back and remove the fuel lines and use a rubber tip blow gun to send fuel through the nozzle. If it doesn’t spray on one or both of the fuel fittings, nozzle is plugged causing it not to ignite or stay lit. At over 13k hrs, it’s likely been changed a time or two already.
Does the ARD head work similar to a knipco heater?
I pulled the Ard head off the machine this morning and I could only blow air through only one of the fuel fittings, so I’m going to get a new Ard head ordered for it. Thanks y'all for the help
I believe that it does
Let us know if that fixes it.
I will, I bought a new oem one from online, because it was a 1000 dollars cheaper then my dealer. so it’ll be a few day before it comes in, but I’ll let yall know how it works out when I get it. And I’m hoping once it finally does a regen, I can reset the particulate filter life with my diesel laptop like u mentioned earlier. Thanks for all the help
No need to reset anything after a regen unless you pull the filter and have the ASH removed, in that case you would do an ash service reset, which is needed roughly every 5000-8000 hrs depending on conditions. As long as the machine is not in lockout, it will initiate regen on its own after warmup and nothing will be required.
After you install the new one. get the machine warmed up and press/call for the parked regen. hopefully you have time for it to still try a regen before it goes into operator inducement lv 2 or worse 3. if you get caught up with the inducement codes you will have to go into CATet and run the diagnostic tests in order so the machine is made aware of everything working properly which will clear its own inducement codes. you do not need to reset the dpf if you havent actually done anything to it (clean or replace) if induce codes. you probably wont be able to run service regen until you do the diag tests first and the machine clears the inducement codes. like mentioned before at 13k hours the ard has been replaced at least once for sure and if not you are pretty lucky and i truly hope the cheaper "oem" one you bought is actually CAT a lot of knockoff will say they are OEM and they are not and they usually dont work correctly or work for short time before you are buying one again. one thing ill say true for CAT if they like their own genuine parts!
I think Justin98 said in the first post that he did have the DPF cleaned so you really should reset the DPF. It may work ok without doing that but since it is cleaned it would be better for the ECM to know that it has a clean DPF on it. What engine does that machine have in it? Let us know if your Diesel Laptop is able to do that.
I went out to the 336 this morning and put the new Ard head on and forced it to do an ash service regen. That seems to have fixed my problem thank y'all for all the help